Write an Expatriate Last Will and Testament for India
Available from our partner site, WillJini.com:
Do you own assets in India, but live in a different country? Or do you now live in India, but already have a Will covering your assets in your home country?
WillJini.com allows you to create a legal "Expatriate" Last Will and Testament, which works in conjunction with your existing Will,
but covers any assets that you own in India. Your existing Will remains in effect, and covers your assets in your home country.
To write your Expatriate Will for India with WillJini.com, click here, and use the promo code [email protected] for 10% off.
If you own assets in a foreign country, then you need an Expatriate Will.
It is very difficult to include foreign assets in your existing Will. Foreign assets are likely to be subject to the probate and inheritance laws of that country.
Your Executor may have to be granted authority to act in the foreign jurisdiction and your existing Will may not be accepted in that jurisdiction.
That is why we offer an Expat Wills service, to support situations where you have assets in multiple countries or assets held in a country where you are not residing.
- If you are living in Canada and have Canadian assets, but you also have assets in India, you can use the WillJini.com service to create your Indian Will for your Indian assets.
- If you are from India and living abroad, and need a Will to cover your Indian assets, you can use the WillJini.com service to create a Will whether or not you have a Will in your country of residence.
- If you are new to Canada and have assets in another country and already have a Will in place for that country, you can use the WillJini.com service to create a Will for your Indian assets.
The above examples are for Canada, but WillJini.com also supports the creation of Expatriate Wills for Indians living in the United States and the United Kingdom.
Frequently Asked Questions
(Questions provided and answered by WillJini.com)
Without a Will, in most countries, the laws of the country where the non-resident Indian is residing will apply to determine the succession
and taxes on inheritance of all Indian assets. This can be avoided if a separate Will is made as per Indian laws: the assets will be distributed
as wished and instructed, and can be distributed more tax efficiently. To learn more, please view the downloadable PDF document
that has been provided by WillJini.com.
- It is a properly written document printed on plain paper, signed by the person who has made the Will, and witnessed by two individuals who are not beneficiaries in the Will.
This document can be signed anywhere in world.
- It specifies your wishes for distribution of wealth, assets, and properties.
- It also allows you to specify details for the Executor (person who helps to distribute assets) and for Guardians (person/people who act as the 'parent(s)' for minor
children until they become adults).
- Get more information – read eBook FAQs in 12 Indian languages.
- Wait until your next trip to India to meet lawyers and make a Will.
- Do an online Will from your home/office in U.K., U.S., Canada etc. The Will is fully legal and confidential.
View a quick demo video
To get started, click here, and use the promo code [email protected] for 10% off.
- Fixed cost of USD $74.95 (INR 5000) + tax
- Get 10% Off from this website by using the promo code [email protected]
- 100% online, no calls, no emails, no visits
- Will generated online is 100% as per Indian Laws even when signed in any country
- 100% confidential
- Make a Will in just 30 minutes, it's very easy
- Online Wills are used and trusted in all developed countries
- Thousands of individuals have made their Will online
- Support and helpdesk to assist you anytime
To make your online Will:
- Register at website (Free of cost) and learn more from eBooks, videos, blogs
- Pay online – get 10% off if you use Promo Code [email protected]
- Get application access to fill details as per simple questions
- Preview auto Will
- Generate Will, print on plain paper, sign in presence of two witnesses
- Your WILL is done
Important Note: All Muslim religion followers please note that Will writing by Muslims should be done as per applicable to Sharia laws,
hence such Will will require customized efforts. All Muslim religion followers should contact us for a Customized Will. The online Will service is for all non-Muslim NRIs.
WillJini is a part of the LegalJini Group established in 2004 as a legal outsourcing services company based in Mumbai, India.
It has a team of lawyers, company secretaries and chartered accountants. The LegalJini Group provides various legal services for businesses and individuals,
such as company set-up, property purchases/sales/leases, investment related services, management of assets, etc.
LegalJini group offers Succession and Will services to all Indians (whether residing in India or other countries) through a group company, WILLJINI.com.
Willjini.com offers a unique online Will writing solution to write a Will like many developed countries around the world.
WillJini have channel partners such as the HDFC Group and CDSL in India. Their Will writing application has been used by thousands of individuals over the last 2 years.
WillJini also offers other succession services like customized Wills, translation, probate, executorships etc.